Friday, November 20, 2009

Baby Shower #1

My first baby shower was last weekend! I still can't believe I just typed that out. The entire time mom and I were down there I honestly couldn't process that we were in Charlotte for my baby shower. When the balloon lady at the grocery store asked if I was having a girl or boy I almost looked around to make sure she was talking to me. I forget I actually look pregnant now. When I was changing my clothes and getting ready for the shower, I almost started crying. I couldn't grasp this was really happening. We've come such a long way in the past year and it's hard to believe now is our time. It's our turn. It's so surreal.

My childhood friend, Carol, was nice enough to offer her house up as a location for the shower. Her house is just about the cutest thing ever and it was so, so generous of her to offer up her time and home to us! My mom, aunt and Ma along with a handful of high school friends attended the shower. We had an awesome table full of food, a table overflowing with gifts for Abigail and hours of great conversation. I am unbelievably thankful for all the gifts and cards and for the time people set aside to come out and celebrate our little one. I know how busy people are these days and it meant the world to me that these ladies set aside a few hours of their time to come out.


All the ladies (minus my mom)

The diaper wreath Carol made! How cute!


The spread! Chick-Fil-A tray, fruit&veggie trays, cookie tray and CAKE! YUM!


The favors-Pink M&M's and pink Starburst candy! The fabric on the top of the jars is the fabric my mom used to make her bedding!


Thanks again to everyone who came out! Abbey scored a ton of stuff off her registry, many necessities, a few out fits, a handmade sweater and tummy time blanket from my mom and a hand made blanket (and a stock pile of diapers) from my Ma. I really need to start on the "Thank You" cards ASAP.

I suppose I should update a few Belly Pics too, huh? I can tell a HUGE difference between Week 21 and Week 25- and I'm only going to get bigger. It's a scary thought!

24 Weeks

25 Weeks


That's all I'm going to update tonight! We hit 26 Weeks tomorrow! Holy Snot! We are so thankful every day for this HUGE blessing and are loving every minute of this pregnancy. We had another great Dr appt this week (more on that tomorrow) and can't thank God enough for getting us this far (relatively) complication free!

25w6d

1 comment:

Amanda Hoyt said...

That is awesome, Cate! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time at your shower and that you got to enjoy yourself :)
Looks like a lot of fun!
Cute belly pics :)
Did you get a haircut?
Hugs and prayers,
Amanda