Tuesday, June 2, 2009

That Just Happened...

Someone just threw down the "she needs therapy" card.

Right in front of my own eyes.

BURN!

It wasn't directed at me, yet it was still unwarranted.

Come on ladies. Can we get it together for five freakin seconds? Can we stop being at each others throats for five freakin seconds? Can we stop being so judgmental for five freakin seconds? Can we stop playing the victim in every scenario for five freakin seconds? Can we be...I don't know...supportive and accepting of each other for five.freakin.seconds?

It gets so effing old listening to women go back and forth, taking cheap, deep shots at each other. The side in the alleged "wrong" apologized. They took back their words. Yet other parties can't walk away without having the last word and here I sit, stuck in the middle.

I don't know about you, but I don't have time for these petty arguments and childish banter. I hit a good stretch where I didn't have any drama for months, seriously months. I have a low tolerance for those who constantly play the victim, thrive off of drama or have a constant need to be the center of attention. So how on EARTH do they keep sneaking back in?

I think the need to make a few social cuts has been a long time coming, but my threshold is just about to break. Either grow up or get out of my life. That's really all I have to say at this point.




::too pissed to offer Hugs OR Kisses tonight::

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I also, don't understand the catty things that go on between women. Or general ugliness between people. It takes so much more energy to act that way than it does to just be decent to each other.

And in terms of people "needing therapy", I've got to say, one of the most beneficial things about my job is the fact that I am constantly "in therapy" in one way or another and Thank God, because "therapy" is just a clinical word for learning to cope. And Lord knows, that's what we're all doing, all our lives, whether we are doing it with the support of a person called a "therapist" or not.

And the only reason "needing therapy" is seen as offensive is because of the way we (in our society) view getting help for anything. Like I think you mentioned in the previous post, there's nothing wrong with needing help, we shouldn't be ashamed of needing help, we all need help at one point or another, for something. Part of being human is needing help, and the other part is offering it.

I have such a bad habit of posting really long responses to other people's blogs, but it's a good topic!

Cate said...

"therapy" is just a clinical word for learning to cope


^^I need that printed on a t-shirt or something. VERY well said, as always :)

momqat said...

I think that there are people who are so unhappy that they are determined to drag everyone around them down. If they can't do that, they resort to this tacky behavior to make the other party look bad (happened to me last week....and we're supposed to be professionals!). All Debbie Downer does is make herself look bad. Don't let anyone steal your joy!!