Saturday, December 26, 2009

31 Weeks and A Major Score!

Here we go!

How far along? 31 Weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: I have had ZERO appetite this week, so the "high calorie" diet isn't exactly going as planned. I'm taking in as much protein as I can to make up for the calories I am not taking in. I go back a week from Monday to weigh in. O_O
Maternity clothes? Maternity pants every day and still trying to make my regular shirts work. I got several really cute maternity shirts from my MIL for Christmas that will hopefully see me through the end!
Sleep: Oy. I've been REALLY lucky up until this point. I really have. But this past week has been brutal in the sleep department. I sleep when I can, but between getting up to pee (which thankfully is still only once a night and that just started this past week-up until now I've been sleeping through the night), the hip pain and my ribs feeling like they were going to split down the middle, sleep is definitely getting harder. I wouldn't trade it for anything though.
Best moment this week: Being pregnant at Christmas. In my own odd little world, there is something special about being pregnant at Christmas. I am so thankful I got to experience it. Abbey bounced around and moved all day and that really was the best gift I could have ever asked for (but the iPod touch was a close second!).
Movement: She bounces like crazy and I can't get enough of it. It makes me sad to think this is all coming to an end. I really will miss her feet in my bladder.
Food cravings: M&M Cookie from Great American Cookie Co. I've had 2 this week. Ooops.
Gender: GIRL! GIRL! GIRL!
Labor Signs: No, thank you.
Belly Button in or out? Going, going.....
What I miss: Nothing at the moment...
What I am looking forward to: Seeing Abbey at our US January 6!
Weekly Wisdom: Enjoy every minute. I am so sad this whole experience is almost over. This is probably our last pregnancy so I know it's possible I'll never feel a baby bounce around and wiggle in my belly. I can't even talk about it without tearing up.
Milestones: Right now, every day is a milestone. I am more pregnant than I have ever been, so everyday is a huge deal. Our goal is 40 weeks, 37 at the earliest, so every day is one day closer to our goal. (I know this has been the same since the beginning but I honestly believe it.)

Sadly, there is no fruit/veggie pic this week. There is a belly pic, but I haven't uploaded them just yet. It's coming. I promise. Probably...tomorrow.

Now, this major score I mentioned above. I have been collecting (read:hoarding) diaper coupons and formula coupons and any other coupons I can get my hands on since the second we found out we were pregnant back in June...and maybe even before then. Many of them were nearing their expiration date so I made 938 different little stacks, one for diapers, one for formula, toys, wipes, gear, etc. I noticed some were store coupons (specifically Target) and the others were from manufacturers. So I googled around and asked a few friends for the inside scoop on all these coupons and got more than I expected. Apparently you can stack 1 manufacturers coupon with a Target coupon. So here's what I did: I paired up 1 Manuf. coupon with whatever Target coupon I had. Then I checked to see if you had to buy multiple things (ie: diapers AND wipes) in order to use the coupons. Then I checked to see if I had a coupon that I could use with the "other" item from the initial coupon. I then I stacked three coupons for two different items, taking as much as $9 off the two items. Make sense? No? It's hard to explain, so let's add brand names.

I had 1 Manf coupon for $3 off 1 package of Pampers diapers AND wipes, 1 Target coupon for $3 off a package of Pampers diapers and 1 Target coupon for $3 off 1 package of Pampers wipes (and I had three of each of those, so I used this whole thing three times over, all on the same check out order). So I got 1 box of Pampers and 1 package of wipes and used all three coupons on the two items.

So, by the time I had used some of my stash of coupons up, we left Target 3 large boxes of diapers, 3 large packs of wipes, 2 cans of Similac powder formula and 1 bottle of ready made Similac formula for less than $40! (Our initial total was almost $90, ending total, after coupons was $42.05, but I bought some socks and a few clearance Christmas items). I think the best buy was the formula. The ready made bottle was $5.34 before the coupon. I had a $5 off coupon which left the bottle costing .34 cents! I also had a $5 off any baby purchase of $25 or more that I was able to throw in on top of everything.

Moral of the story: USE YOUR COUPONS. Not using them is literally throwing money in the trash. And if you don't use yours, send them to me, hahaha!

I hope you all had a great Christmas and got everything you could have ever wanted!

31Weeks

No comments: