Wednesday, September 23, 2009

17 Weeks

Three posts in three days? This is like a record or something.

How far along? 17Weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: Down another 2. And because I'm not gaining weight, I have to have the gestational diabetes screening early. Lameass PCOS puts me at a higher risk for GD anyway and the fact that I'm not gaining weight is concerning to my OB, so early screening it is (gaining too much weight is also a soft sign of GD- I can't win).
Maternity clothes? Maternity pants every day. Regular shirts with the occasional maternity shirt thrown in. Love them all. Especially my slim cut Old Navy jeans. LOVE them.
Sleep: Loving it! Sleeping 8 hours a night and sneaking in a 2-3 hour nap every day.
Best moment this week: Feeling movement more often :)
Movement: Crazy baby, especially when I sit down after moving around or walking a lot.
Food cravings: Apples. Apple ANYTHING. I went through a dozen BIG apples last week, not to mention all the juice AND applesauce! I love them.- Still loving apples this week!
Gender: GIRL!
Labor Signs: No, thank you.
Belly Button in or out? In.
What I miss: Dr. Pepper!
What I am looking forward to: Our US on October 7.
Weekly Wisdom: The more you ignore ignorant advice/opinions from people who talk out their butt holes, the happier you are.
Milestones: Right now, every day is a milestone. I am more pregnant than I have ever been, so everyday is a huge deal. Our goal is 40 weeks, 37 at the earliest, so every day is one day closer to our goal. (Same as all the other weeks, but still how I feel. I know this has been the same pretty much every week, but it's stiiiiiiiill how I feel)
And-WE REGISTERED!

What is Baby Abbey up to?

Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and her little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints.

And the 17 week belly :)




Hugs&Kisses

17 Weeks


PS- We seem to be moving closer to a Valentine's Baby after every appt! I haven't changed my dates here yet because they go along with my ovulation date as opposed to how big Abbey is growing. Growth US's are really just an estimate anyway.

6 comments:

juliane2004 said...

... I'm drinking a Diet Dr. Pepper as I write this. How come you dont want to drink one? (I cut out caffiene in the first trimester, but have had some since then.)

momqat said...

What a cute little onion!

Cate said...

I'm not drinking caffeine or artificial sweetners. I was hooked on them both before and have been doing really well (not to mention feeling better) without them, so I am just staying off them. I didn't realize how crumby they made me feel.

sulfababy said...

What a beautiful belly!

Amanda Hoyt said...

Great belly shot! :)
Where are you registered?? :)
Hugs,
Amanda

Rebecca said...

This post made me smile :)Love the picture as well!!