Friday, March 27, 2009

Metformin-The First 24 Hours

So my first 24 hours on Metformin has not been bad at all.

Give me a moment to thank God for small blessings.

I have heard horror stories and was almost scared to take it, but I have been on it for 24 hours now and am doing great. My Dr said not to be surprised if I started feeling more "normal" very quickly. Goodness knows how long my body wasn't processing insulin the way it is supposed to.

I have not been starving all day (I am a notorious grazer, snacking all day, never eating a meal), I have had no cravings, I feel like I have slept better than I have in years, I have more energy than I have in a long time. Honestly, it just feels good.

AND-I got on the WiiFit like I have been every night for the past 3 nights. I swore I would use it every day if I got it. I used it ONCE. The next time I got on it (Wednesday), the WiiFit guy told me it had been 140 days since I had been on it.

Ooopsie.

So from Wednesday to Thursday I lost no weight. Not a big shocker. It was just one day.

I get on tonight and am down 4.2 pounds.

Don't get ahead of me, I know weight fluctuates, but I am really trying to be consistent, weighing in every night at the same time, at least 3 hours after my last meal. But still, it felt good to get a compliment from the WiiFit guy who lives in my Balance Board.

I'll keep you posted on how the Metformin saga goes.

Hugs&Kisses

1 comment:

Danse said...

Glad to hear the Met. is treating you well so far - fwiw, I've heard a few people say that they lost weight a little more easily once they were on Met - so who knows - maybe that will be a side effect for you too?

Anyway - have a great weekend!