Friday, October 24, 2008

Nom nom nom!

If you are like me, you have zero time to get dinner together. You want something with some nutritional value, but between school, work, kids, running a household, errands, and the 8999 other things that take up your day, it leaves little time. So. I am going to post some of our favorite quick dinner ideas. I am a really picky eater, so hopefully you can use some of these.

Super Easy Chicken Parmesan

You will need:
1 Box Whole Wheat Pasta (we happened to have Rotini on hand, so that is what we used)
1 Jar Newman's Own Pasta Sauce (I love their Roasted Onion and Garlic, but any will do)
2 Tyson Chicken Breast patties (There are 2 of us, so I use 2 patties- one for each of us)

Preheat the oven and bake the chicken patties.
Boil the pasta for about 10 minutes.
Heat the sauce.
Follow the pictures below.

Put the pasta on a plate and add sauce.


Place 1 Chicken Patty on top




Top with Low Fat Cheese


Add whole wheat garlic bread and a quick salad and serve!

Ideally I would use grilled or baked skinless chicken breasts, but that takes about 25 minutes longer than this did and I was in a real time crunch. Since there are only 2 of us, we have TON of left overs! Nothing is better than left over pasta, so I will probably be having this for lunch at some point this weekend. I always use whole wheat pasta because I am a fan of complex carbs as opposed to refined carbs and it fills me up faster, so I eat less. I also only use Newmans' Own pasta sauce because it has no MSG, uses whole ingredients and they give all of their procceeds to charity (for more info, click here). Plus, I think it tastes great, so why not use it?

For great left overs, chop up a green pepper, onion, mushrooms, whatever you like and add them to the mix!


Dig in!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That looks so yummy. Thanks for the recipe.