Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Thanks for the reminder!

We were sitting in class waiting for the professor to arrive. One of my friends and I were discussing how busy we have been and how crazy life is when this no-class, cracked out loser decided to chime in.

"Wait til you have your baby! Then you will see how busy life really is!"

EVERY ONE'S jaw dropped. While I was out she mentioned it to everyone and emailed everyone. She rearranged the syllabus so I wouldn't have to sit through the fetal development and birth and delivery discussions. She was pissed. She made sure everyone knew when I returned to school, I didn't want to talk about it. This girl was present for this. She got the email.

All I could do was say "Our baby died."

This in turn got me the most insincere, half assed "I'm sorry" I have ever heard.


Surprisingly, it didn't make me cry too hard. I teared up, but for the first time was able to regain my composure before anyone noticed. I was proud of myself. It was the first time I really hadn't fallen apart when I talked about Buddha or when someone mentioned him.

She sucks. She will NOT be invited to my birthday party.

3 comments:

Christine said...

My offer still stands to beat her up for you. Just let me know.

Cate said...

Aww, thanks! lol! I think I will just try to slip her more crack so she continues to sleep through class and keep her mouth shut!

momqat said...

I'll bake her a chocolate cake and use plenty of ex-lax! I'll also spit in the batter!